Training and development
Providing the knowledge, skills and understanding to facilitate and promote fair access to postgraduate education
UKPASS has the support of the UCAS Professional Development Team, who offer a range of development, consultancy and training opportunities to colleagues and interested parties involved in HE. This dedicated team of experienced professionals is based at UCAS and forms part of the Policy and Communications Department.
What services are on offer and who are they for?
The Professional Development Team is responsible for the delivery of the following services relevant to UKPASS, for clients at HE institutions.
- UKPASS familiarisation days - interactive sessions for HEIs that are considering using UKPASS to get an understanding of the service and how it operates.
- Continuing Professional Development (CPD) programme - a suite of professional development opportunities specifically designed for those supporting the recruitment and admission of applicants into both FE and HE programmes
- web-link training - sessions hosted by UCAS covering all aspects of updating programme and institutional data, manipulating applicant details and making decisions on applicants
Who are we?
The team currently consists of a Professional Development Manager and five Professional Development Officers:
- Professional Development Manager - Louise Evans
- Professional Development Officers - Tony Charlton, Melissa Harrison, Alan Jones, Ali King and Matthew Welbourn.